Content

Camera or Photographer?

Tuesday, April 1, 2014


Over this year I will be writing a few blogs on photography in general. Some blogs will contain tips and tricks while others will contain general information. I thought long and hard about what to choose as my first topic. I get asked on occasion what camera should I buy? Or every now and then hear the good old, "gee your camera takes great photos." And let's not forget the "I need a camera just like yours so I can take good photos too."

The first thing to remember in photography is that while your equipment is an important part of the process, it is the photographer who takes the photos. If you know the basics about photography and how your camera works, you can use any camera and get great photos. I have a photographer friend who started a blog using just her iPhone. It is called The World in My Pocket. Her photos are gorgeous! Be sure to look at the whole series and leave her some love. You can see the blog here:

http://www.chloelodge.com/2014/the-world-in-my-pocket-i-vietnam-january-14/

I took the following photos with with my Android phone and my Nikon D5100. Can you guess which photo was taken with which camera? Take a guess in the comments below. I will post the answers in a blog on Friday afternoon.



Photo 1
Photo 2

Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5

Photo 6

0 comments:

Post a Comment